Thursday, March 20, 2008

Looking at Blogs and websites

1. I have read “The Shifted Librarian” site since attending a presentation by Jenny Levine. I often do not fully understand her blog entries but I do find them thought provoking. In her most recent entry she recommended an article by O’Reilly entitled “Wheat is Web 2.0.” I found this really helpful, especially the visual charts.
2. I also looked at several of the sites listed in “60 sites in 60 minutes.” I especially like the one called LibSuccess at
http://libsuccess.org. This wiki lists everything you would ever study in Library School. (Check it out Amy!) I also enjoyed looking at the links they list for book lists for kids.
3. You might also want to check out two sites that collect book reviews from book groups:
www.bookmovement.com and www.book-clubs-resource.com. There are a few young adult titles listed like “The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.” It was interesting to see how many book clubs and members are reading various titles like “Water for Elephants.”
4. I have listed the kids’ books I’ve recently read on
www.goodreads.com. I am slowly typing all the reviews I’ve written into this site. I like being able to see book covers. I’ve already used this site to remind me of books and to recommend books.

No comments: